Myself, Rebecca, Christine, Ken and Davina are thrilled to announce that Thriveabetes 2016 registration is now open. (and holding our breaths!!!). Thriveabetes is a one day conference for people living with type 1 diabetes on Saturday, October 1st 2016 in The Killashee House Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare.
Registration closes at midnight on the 29th September 2016.
Advanced registration is required in order to attend Thriveabetes.
However, before you buy your tickets for this conference, take a moment to read through "Who should attend Thrive-abetes?" The link to register is at the bottom of this post.
Who Should Attend Thriveabetes?
- Adults with type 1 or type 1.5 diabetes (aka LADA; Latent autoimmune diabetes of adults).
- Partners, Spouses and Significant Others of Adults with type 1/1.5 Diabetes.
- Parents/Guardians/Carers of children/young people with type 1 diabetes.
- Young adults, teens, and school-age children, aged 5 and upwards, with type 1 diabetes and their siblings. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate children under that age of 5.
- Health care professionals who work with type 1 diabetes
Adult & Parent Tickets - €35 each, or 2 tickets for €60 (this includes the administration fee from Eventbrite.ie).
Child ticket - €15 per child, up to 2 children. Children must be aged 5 and upwards.
Family Ticket - €100 covers 2 adults and 3+ children
What Does your Ticket Price Include?
- Admission to all sessions.
- Admission to the exhibit hall
- Lunch and two beverage breaks are included.
Our Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations will be issued up to and until midnight on September 29th, 2016
From midnight on September 29th, 2016, no refunds will be available.
Conference Programme & Speakers
Our conference programme is in development and will be published on our website in the coming months.
Confirmed Speakers, so far:
- Gary Scheiner, author of “Think like a Pancreas”, Certified Diabetes Educator, Clinical Director of Integrated Diabetes Services in Pennsylvania, and person with type 1 diabetes.
- Joe Solowiejczyk, Certified Diabetes Educator, Clinical Family and Adult Therapist, author of "A Type 1 Diabetes Guide to the Universe" and Person with type 1 diabetes.
- Gavin Griffiths, The DiAthlete, Ultramarathon runner, International Diabetes Federation Young Leader and person with type 1 diabetes
- Anna Clarke, Health Promotion and Research Manager at Diabetes Ireland
- Penny Robinson, Mum of child with type 1 diabetes and advocate for families with diabetes